Monday, May 26, 2014

Neverending story...

Awakened a leetle bit earlier today, about 6.30 a.m. Still managed to miss subuh, dragged myself out of bed at 7.25 for late prayers. Ventured out to eat my meds by eight. Washed the dishes, cleaned the washing area, soaked some odds and ends, put away the dry clothes, took out the shrimp for lunch... By 9.30 decided to just have cereal for breakfast. Did that while watching TV, then peeled a bunch of garlic so I'll save time later. Swept the whole house and then washed the odds and ends. In the meantime packed up my trash and changed all the bin liners. Booted up the computer and looked through the emails. Will have to work today. Sigh.

In the end decided to mop later, just mopped the horrendously dirty cat eating area first. I'll sweep my rooms later today and mop everything, redo the cat area + kitchen. It's so filthy it deserves 2 rounds. Sigh. And I'm supposed to be on MC. Well, can't recuperate in a dirty house, and with my sister working all the time, who else is there to do it? Unfortunately it feels like I'm cooking and cleaning all the time these days, with very little time left over to actually work. My study is still in a mess and my expense planner has gone missing. I'm pretty sure it was in the backpack the other day, but I may be mistaken and it's sitting nicely in my tray at the office. I'm not keen on going to the office with so much work undone, unless it's on the way to some other place.

The meds are a little less disgusting now, and yesterday managed to eat quite a lot. Am worried about blood sugar, of course, but couldn't check this morning because I've run out of alcohol swabs. Did get around to calling Sharmila yesterday and told her about my predicament. Got a little irritated at times because she was talking more than listening, but it did make me feel better to talk to a friend. Amazing how people you thought were friends could cease to be so and others somehow manage to replace them...

Anyway, Malaysia  was in the Thomas Cup finals last night. It was a very close fight. LCW won, then the first doubles and Chong Wei Feng lost. The second doubles miraculously fought back and won. Liew Daren put up a valiant fight but lost in the end. So the Thomas Cup got a new home in Japan now... I was proud to see the Malaysian team put up such a superb fight despite being miles behind in ranking to their opponents. It was good to see all Malaysians from all races supporting our boys. We need that you know, we need each other - MCIS - Melayu Cina India Serani....

I hate the way the political upheaval is creating havoc, but deep down, I know things MUST change for the better. We can't live in false utopia forever. Cronyism, politicking, bribery... it's not sustainable. But other races have to work together too. You can't expect everyone to give you equal opportunities when YOU also practise racism and only give opportunities to your own clan. Oh you know who you are! So everyone becomes overprotective of "their own" and everything becomes segregated. I believe we can and should learn from each other, work together and we can make Malaysia great.

I hope BAM gets its act together, stop the nonsense going on in there and start producing winners again. If sports is a good unifier, badminton and soccer are our keys to Malaysian unification. Next time lah. Go Malaysia!!

No comments: