Monday, August 05, 2013

Having some cheese with the whine...

2 months later, and we STILL haven't settled the house purchase....

We finally signed the S&P + docs on 24th June. Then I had to go to Riau & Manila for work. By the time I came back and went to submit the withdrawal request to KWSP, they had changed the rules!! It took effect on July 1st with no warning whatsoever.

Previously we were allowed to withdraw our savings in order to pay for ongoing house purchases. Suddenly, we were expected to pay for it in full, then withdraw. Yeah, like where the *&&^%$%& am I supposed to get RM100k from? Pinjam kat Ah Long???? If we had so much cash lying around, then tak payah la nak keluarkan duit EPF kan? Bloody **^&*()&&^ idiots. Did *SOMEONE* finish off all our savings already?? It's ridiculous!! And how can you make a change with such a huge financial impact with  immediate effect? There was no public announcement or anything. Just like that, we were stuck. Abang said he borrowed from his credit card to pay the extra 10% and now he must be suffering huge interest bills. And they decided to wait until after Raya to discuss this. God knows if it's after one, two or three weeks... We submitted in mid- July!!

This house buying saga is seriously pulling me down. As previously said, I'm sick and tired of living in Permai. Recently I tried to join them for solat terawih and left just after Isya'. There were perhaps 3 lines for the girls, and most of it was taken up by kids who were more interested in giggling with their friends than praying. Dah nak start pun sibuk tukar2 tempat lagi. Tak reti beratur rapat2, habis putus saf. Satu row kat depan dok gelak2. Maybe I'm spoilt, but I've grown to expect certain behaviours during prayers. Surau berlagak pasang loudspeaker kuat2, padahal yang betul2 solat kat surau tu entah berapa kerat aja.

Nak pergi Damansara, takut balik takde parking... Alasan? Maybe, but the other day I oredy kena saman RM100 for parking tepi jalan. I didn't have much choice since parking was super full that night, but in the morning kena jugak. :( Tak bayar, takleh renew road tax...

I'm tired of not having a proper space to work in, and the drawers are getting worse each day. My 'study table' has been taken over by 2 potted plants and the cats. The lamp is far away and the study lamp needs extra extensions to switch on. The other available table is in front of the TV, which is not good for concentration, and also doubles as the dining table. Yes, alasan again, but try hunching over a small table for long periods trying to finish work and end up with a backache. It sucks!

There are so many ideas in my head that I can't really action on until I actually get the house. Imagine having so many dreams, and then get held back by the most ridiculous obstacles ever. Dah la tak boleh nak ambik loan because technically my commitments are too high, nak bayar cash pun banyak sangat problem. I'm really feeling very unhappy right now. I was so looking forward to solat terawih at the Jasmine surau. Now hapah pun tarak. There's a bunch of things that need to be done before we can move in and at this rate, we probably won't be able to until December. Nasib baik I trusted my instincts and held back on informing my landlord of our intention to move. I feel a little bad for them because we have been paying minimal rent there for almost 4 years already...

I really hope that the KWSP people will see sense and allow us to withdraw our hard earned money to pay for the apartment.... I was so looking forward to celebrating Raya in our new place, and now all I have is frustration after frustration... Perhaps a visit to the friendly neighbourhood bomoh is required to cast off this pall of bad luck :P As Yi Han might say, "Ti|dak lu|cu.." heh.

No comments: