Monday, August 12, 2013

Dreams: Part I

Well, since the house is still stuck in the process, I might as well record what I WISH I could do to it once it's ours....

Part I: My bathroom. 

The apartment has 2 bathrooms, so we'll have one each.

I'm thinking to put a heater in K Ayu's bath, because it's the one outside, hence will be for public use in case any guests come. I won't need it all the time, but a warm shower will be a nice option when the weather turns cool and I need to shower in the middle of the night. Local wisdom says you can get pneumonia if you often bathe at night. I'm assuming it applies to COLD showers or baths.

For MY bath, I'm looking around for a small, movable bathtub. I'm pleased to see they actually exist! A hot bath is a rare comfort appreciated when you're tired and sore, certainly not something I want to indulge in every day. I won't even bother with a hot water tap for it. A big pot and stove would suffice for my needs.

I'm not too sure of the bathroom dimensions, but I won't want a bathtub permanently cluttering the tiny space. Climbing in and out would be a hassle and I might need a curtain if it's too close to the commode.  I think I'd like a little floor space to do hand washing when necessary too.

It would be great if someone could build me a storage rack for the tub near the ceiling. It bothers me that the water tank is so low. I'd like to see if it can be replaced with a smaller one so it won't take up so much space. There's only so much water one person needs to use...

I won't be able to afford it right away, because I'd need some electrical wiring, painting and floor work done just before we move in. Then I'll need to buy furniture in stages, since we don't really have good furniture. I have the inherited stuff from the old house, but at some point, a girl wants something up to date, NOT a relic from the seventies! But I digress...

Eventually, I would like to replace the plain blue tiles with something nicer. Something in earth tones, warm yellows and pinks, maybe a touch of Javanese incorporated.... Then having movable items like tubs would make sense right? Less wastage. If I can afford it, maybe I'd change the commode to something more modern. Low flow and dual mode would be nice. Change the taps and shower heads. And get a nice sink+cabinet set from IKEA to store my toiletries. I could get a large mirror for the sink, and consider a rack or something for intermediate storage. Alternatively, I could leave the nook (I believe there is one) open for either kitty litter or baldi and mop. Plus, I may change the door to a sliding one, in frosted glass. Wouldn't that be awesome? The normal one would take up a lot of swinging space, so sliders would be good.

Of course all these would take up money, so I have no idea when it can be done. But it's nice to have dreams, otherwise you can't begin to plan :D. More dreams later, folks. Cheers!!


No comments: