Monday, June 03, 2013

Anxiety

Am glad I have the day off... Rushed in the morning to take Pikachu for the snip. Arrived a little late, but it was done in less than half an hour. A little freaked to see him so quiet after the procedure, but he was awake by the time we arrived in DU. Spent 20 minutes cleaning up after Abang's cats, then headed home.

Finally got one load in the dryer and one in the machine, with a few odd pieces soaking in the baldi. Am not feeling too good, thanks to the silly game that kept me awake all night Saturday. Will still be catching up with work though. Made a pot of nice Sri Lankan tea to accompany me; hope i'll have time for a nap later on. Will just have to deal with a few tasks so I won't be so bogged down tomorrow.

Won't have to cook since there's plenty of food left over from yesterday. Will just need to make a fresh batch of kuah pecal. Beats the Balinese version anytime :) Went over for a treat last week and left so unfulfilled because the 'tipat cantuk' tasted odd to my Javanese tastebuds.

Am feeling a bit annoyed with Abang because he's not home yet and he didn't tranfer the money to me, so I can't sign the documents and settle the deposit. It's been 4 months already, so both sides are getting unhappy. I really want to move  before puasa starts, I want to solat terawih at our new surau... It will need a couple of weeks to get money out of EPF and K Ayu's problem needs to be dealt with ASAP.

Right now, my laundry bag is on it's last legs and I hate being cooped up with Nemo in the room. Unlike Leo, Michelle and Trina, Nemo and Pikachu are a little invasive on sleepers - they like to kacau you at 6 in the morning. Not good when you go to bed at one! Due to the location of the litter box, I moved my clothes rack and little desk so could at least deal with my papers and catch up with my reading. But the arrangement is odd, and I find myself wishing for more room to maneuver. At least with Pikachu in the cage, I can leave my room door open for some fresh air. The wardrobe drawers are driving me nuts as well, the slides keep getting screwed and it's so difficult to open and shut. My fault, actually, for overloading them, but hey, where else do I put my clothes then??

Am feeling so tired of living in this crampy old apartment with annoying parking arrangements. Thank goodness the children are not screaming anymore. But the surau can be annoying depending on the presiding imam and bilal. I like one guy who actually calls you to prayer, not the other one who practically demands attention. It gets tiresome to be bombarded with sounds that is so much louder than necessary too often. The unit is quite nice, bright and airy, but I really need to move on. It's been 3.5 years already...

I know the new place will be further from the office, and it will need money to paint and repair, not to mention buying the crucial bits of furniture. But it would mean a home we can call our own. It would have more space than we have now, and I can actually install a water heater and aircon to make it more comfortable and homey.

I'm not supposed to whine, but I'm really a little weary from all this wishing and hoping and waiting. I hate the fact that I have to rely on someone else for money, and that person is holding us back more than is necessary.. I hope everything will move forward smoothly once we get the S&P and deposit done. Please la, I want to live in my own home...

No comments: