Monday, December 22, 2008

What a Weekend!

I haven't had so much fun in a looong time!

Friday morning, I switched the Kelisa for a Suzuki Grand Vitara in Glenmarie. The 'jumbo mama' was to be tested by yours truly over the weekend. Pumped full of petrol, it was a pretty sweet deal.
Other than it's hulking big size, the car is actually very easy to handle. With controls in the 'usual' spots, it has excellent suspension, great audio, audio control on the wheel, great climate control, and lots of storage space. The only reason I won't buy it is because I don't think it's right to use so much petrol just moving the great hunk of metal around town. It's not a 4x4, even though it looks like one. The fuel economy started at 9 km/L, which was bad enough, but for some strange reason, it went down to 4.6 on Saturday night! I was appalled! What did I do??? I know I idled quite a bit while waiting for people and showing off my 'elephant', but it was still quite ridiculous.

I ran around quite a bit over the weekend. On Saturday morning, I took an impromptu spin down the LDP and round the NKVE via Sg Buloh back to Damansara. Well, it was meant for a test drive, wasn't it? It made short work of the journey. Seriously. I couldn't resist showing it off to Loret and made a detour to her place. Chris thought it was his birthday present. You wish, Bear!

In the afternoon, I had to go pick up Graham & Norma, go back to the house and then go over to Aizan's for the nikah ceremony. Coming back, we stopped by Riana Green to say hi to the birthday boy and hand over his gift. The next day, had to go around buying breakfast and collecting a bookcase. The seven foot shelf went into the car WHOLE, I kid you not! Later on, Naz collected us to guard the wedding cake on its journey to the Istana. Then it was back to the house, get ready, send Norma to Putra station and on to the Istana again.

The makan2 was quite normal, but afterwards, it was quite a party! Look at the boys horsing around. Kelakar & riuh giler. Everyone morphed back into the camera whores we were and we had a whale of a time ambik gamba ramai2 and catching up with each other. It was late by the time we went home, but it was a real blast. Great to see you all again, guys.. Missed you all!

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Eeeeeeee! Your new car?!?!? It's highly gorgeous! You really do deserve a car this beautiful! I hope it's yours!

Paus Biru said...

Yeah, it is rather cute despite the size. But I just took it to test drive over the weekend jer. It was fun, but I'd never buy something so oversized. I might consider a Peugeot though. Much more fuel efficient :)