Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Live in My Own World

Just read a colleague's blog where she was bitching about her minuscule salary and 'crazy work hours'. She even listed her 'saviours' who made life in the office bearable, and not surprisingly, I wasn't listed. I'm not upset or anything, because I feel closer to the much hated 'upper mgmt'.

I put it to differences in age, attitude, experiences and priorities. We're closer in age, my editor was my senior in school, and we work similar hours. We don't have clingy boyfriends to worry about. I see my friends whenever it's convenient and stay home (or office) at other times. We see work as a responsibility and a way to pay the bills. I think the one with the craziest work hours is my boss. I work pretty late, and often work at home as well. Plus sometimes I do overtime when I have a project on my plate.

This girl comes from an affluent family, and think nothing of spending close to fifty bucks over lunch, then complain she's underpaid! Dua ribu normal la for fresh grads. Dulu I start keja, even less than that. Her Daddy dearest pays for the nice apartment and car. All her money goes to shopping and makan2, hair treatments and stuff. Memang la tak cukup!!

Try having a dad yang lepas tangan and expect US to give him money whenever his stupid second hand Merc breaks down. All his money disappears in the hand of his bloody bitch, but he thinks I'm a bad daughter because I kept some family money for the adik beradik. Suruh la bini dia bayar for the car! And the girl thinks she has a hard time! Go figure.

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

I can empathise with you. I used to work with really spoiled brats who whine even before the files are assigned to them. Am supporting both parents, 2 dogs, 6 cats and heaven knows what else, so I have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. We are in the same league, my friend.

Paus Biru said...

Wow! I'm not supporting so many people & pets, but am struggling to save enough for my own pad. Yup, life is a challenge at times..