Friday, July 25, 2008

Sweetening the Pot

It's kind of strange to be working so hard. I'm so used to a flexi timetable, and now I'm rushing to make it to the office by 8.40 - so that I'd have 20 minutes to fuel up before starting work.

Yesterday I had 2 interviews. One in the morning, so had to rush to Brickfields by nine. Came back to office, had to do some changes on previous work. Worked right up to the last minute sampai tak sempat nak lunch, then rush to KLCC. It was a miracle to arrive there within half an hour. Dah sampai sana pulak, discovered that I'd left my phone on my desk. Menggagau nak contact orang! Did the interview, went to cocktail party (mainly for the sake of getting the freebie. Heh!), then balik ofis to siapkan the thing I left halfway done. Then tersilap cakap my boss that I wasn't the very the busy, so ended up staying back to get extra info for a column. Needless to say, the rest of it landed on my plate, la kan? By the time I went home, it was already past ten. Makan pun biskut and tuna je.

Itu pun kebetulan ada tuna. I saw a hungry cat on the way back to the car in Brickfields. Rupa sikit2 macam (arwah?) Jack. Macam disuruh2 aje, I beli some overpriced tuna kat kedai India, nak bagi dia. Tapi bila cari, dah hilang la pulak kucing tu. So that's how I ended up with tuna in my possession. Bagus jugak.

Hari ni, nak siapkan keja, tetiba blackout separuh ofis. Rupanya diorang tengah repair amende entah, our row takde api. Leceh gak la, tapi try to cover2 pakai sebelah yang ada letrik. Baru bercadang nak cabut balik, lampu menyala. Hmph.. kena la sambung keja... But today balik awal. Tu pun, sampai rumah, melepek... heh heh.. systemic shock. Tak biasa keja direct 9-12 hours non-stop.

But then, banyak inofficial perks, so don't mind working hard. One thing, seronok meet people at events, bosses baik, colleagues okay, ada freebies... PLus, I'm writing interesting stuff. It makes it so worth the effort. Just hope that I make the grade :) Have a good weekend, peeps!

No comments: