Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Screwed Geniuses

I have always said, people who created viruses and spyware, malware, spam and whatever horrible stuff on the internet should be drawn and quartered, maybe kerat 14 and fed to the dogs. Not your dogs, Loret. I kinda like them.

I read somewhere that new malware actually have their own AV scanner, which makes them undetectible and hence, unfixable. And giving up on them doesn't really work because they will only get worse! I changed my Zone Suite to PC-Cillin the other day and enjoyed about one day of happy computing. By the next morning, I couldn't even open my files, the system was that screwed. I reluctantly changed back to Zone, but now it's not installed properly and behaving peculiarly. Sigh. This "thing" is so strong it will actually hijack Spyware Doctor and Norton which I consider to be pretty good stuff, and soon, it will tamely exclaim "Congratulations! There are no spyware detected in your computer." Yeah right!

Once in a while I use the office PC and oh! what a pleasure it is working on something that doesn't jam, flicker or blip. Fed up with my comp's numerous problems, I asked my boss to buy me a new lappie and he actually promised to get me one. Ha ha.

I WAS tempted to throw this thing into the lake actually. I have reformatted, changed AV systems and done scans so many times, wasting days on end that I feel like just throwing in the towel and getting a new laptop that's smaller, lighter and problem free. Am I biased? Was it hate at first sight? I loathed this black thing that replaced my stolen silver Atec, and it has never quite worked properly since I got it 2 years ago.

Pakcik suggested that I move out all my files and do a deep system reformat. It IS a good idea, but..... Yeah, sure, I'd love to move a few Gigs of stuff out when I don't have an external HDD and spend the whole weekend babysitting the machine. I have been reformatting one section only, leaving my data untouched. So logically, the malware could be located there... Then, since any one of my files could be the culprit, what happens when I refer to one of the old files? Maybe I should learn to let go and just delete the old stuff. Ugh. I hate the idea, but it's the only thing I haven't done so far... Sigh. I HATE malware creators. Don't you people have better things to do with your God given intelligence??

No comments: