Sunday, April 08, 2007

Lancing the Boil and Facing the Heat

It hasn't escaped my notice how quiet the taggie has become once I start writing about not so nice things. Ha ha. It's just human nature, I guess. Everyone likes things to be cheery and sunny all the time.

I used to only tell my parents the good stuff and hide the hurtful stuff that happened to me while I was away. No wonder they thought I was alway happy and well-balanced! If only they knew... Maybe I SHOULD have to told them what was happening, then perhaps they would have paid me more attention. But then, we have many reasons to do the things we do, and sometimes we do things the wrong way, and it's not easy to make up for it again.

In any case, I guess feeling and dealing with the pain has helped me find the truth. Rediscover old facts which had been submerged in my deeper consciousness for a very long time. Being told off itself helped me realise that I WAS in the wrong. My focus was all screwed up. I was coming in from the wrong angle, and I was so pleased with myself, not realising that I was not being in tune with the real world.

As with abcesses, aka boils, aka bisul, the medical treatment for it would be to lance the boil and remove all the pus and bad stuff inside it before giving oral antibiotics. Because without removing the bad stuff, the antibiotics would take so much longer to fix the problem. However, the process itself can be quite painful, especially if it hits on a nerve. Unfortunately, it just has to be done. So that's what my bosses did - burst the bubble and apply the remedy. And I had to do a lot of soul searching as well. It hurt, but it's worth the trouble.

In any case, an application of high heat is often useful in daily life. We use it in cooking, UHT treatment, tempering of steel and glass. Tempered steel and glass is stronger than the normal stuff. So people have learnt that an amount of heat, judiciously applied, can make things better off, as long as they were managed well.

So what I do hope is that I'll survive this hurtful process, and come out a better person at the end of the day. Insya-Allah. As for the postings, I hope I can get back to fuzzy wuzzy, warm and sunny mode soon. God bless :-)

No comments: