Friday, June 02, 2006

Annoyed again...

Today must be one of those days reserved to test my patience. I think I failed.

It started in the morning when not 1, but 2 printers failed to print 5 pages of a simple Excel document. Needless to say, the papers were flying out of the printer to the floor, being printed on the wrong side, yada yada yada. And there was a new guy so of course I had to pretend to be nice instead of cussing to the other side of heaven...

The rest of the day went smoothly enough, except for me misplacing the number of someone I needed to call. Went home thinking of dinner, asked Abah to come over but he had to 'rewang'. Wanted to go over for dinner but found that he was not in Sg Buloh after Sri Damansara, but Sg Buloh near Kuala Selangor. Right...

Was in a bad enough temper thinking that I'd be having dinner alone, again, when after I alighted to open the gates, found that my dear car has decided to lock me out, engine running and all. Right. I knew it has a tendency to lock/ unlock itself at will (I suspect it's haunted), but it had never locked ME out before. Since I had the HOUSE keys, I went upstairs to get the spare. Unfortunately the doors refused to open. SH*T!! All my phone nos, phone, etc were in the car... Started kicking the car and tyres in the futile hope that somehow it would jar the lock open. Grabbed the house phone and since I can't remember anyone else's number, called Abang, for all the good it would do. Guess bitching out loud helps because I suddenly remembered that I had changed the lock last year, so I may be using the wrong key. Went back upstairs and found the OTHER spare key. Thank goodness it worked. Sheez, I had an almost full tank in there. Imagine watching it all burn in vain when petrol is so expensive!!

Parked, booted laptop, and failed to connect to Streamyx. Seems something's wrong with my modem. Is it? Or something's wrong with the computer because yesterday it did connect without any problems. Used the standby Jaring to go online and check if my cheque has cleared and somehow failed to connect to Maybank2U. Tried enough times to get my account blocked - thank you very much. I don't know what the **** is going on. I log on every other week, once a month at least, and now I forgot the password?? What gives??? Urgh...

So now I'm bitching to the blog, I wonder if anyone ever stops by anymore because the place has been as quiet as death lately. Sigh. I know, people have better things to do... No offense, peeps, I really need to vent. My usual venting hotline has been unavailable - probably overseas or outstation. Of course I wasn't informed, I'm hardly on the need-to-know list. Shoot. I'd better stop now before I contract another case of foot-in-mouth disease...

Have a good weekend peeps. I may decide to sleep for 3 days straight.

No comments: