Thursday, June 29, 2006

Through Different Eyes

Woke up yesterday feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck. No time to worry, though, had to get to Nilai by 8.00 a.m., and it was already seven! Rushed there and got to KUIM just in time to start the talk. Afterwards got fed and drove back. By this time my head was starting to ache real badly; so went home instead of straight to the office. Slept all the way through lunch and hobbled into the office without eating. Found I was completely useless in the office – I couldn’t even do the simplest tasks. The musty, cockroachy smell of the house was oppressive; the dim interior and watery light was horribly depressing. Time was ticking intolerably slowly (something that I would normally appreciate). In the end split just before five – I just couldn’t take it anymore.

At home slept some more. My fever was really high. Asked K Ayu to buy me bubur ayam. The thought of driving out to the ATM, then McD was just too much to bear. After eating, went up and crashed. Slept fitfully, though… Sigh. Got up at six to get myself a pot of tea. Had a bit of food and downed another 2 Panadols. Thankfully it got better by eight, so had no problems working today.

Was relieved the problem went away quickly. Tomorrow we’re leaving for Tekad, and I need to finalize a few things. There’s not much to worry about, but would be completely a bummer if I went there feeling like s***. However, in the evening it started up again. Aarggh! NOO!! Will go to the clinic tomorrow, hope I get better PDQ.

Boss was pretty unsymphatetic - siap perli2 lagi. Damn. FYI, I don't GET headaches, tqvm. Think I need to look around for another job. Working in a place where you get sick so often is not a good sign, even though you like the job and get along with the boss pretty well. Being sick freaks me out!

The interview I went to doesn’t seem to be promising (Shoot! And I was SO “highly recommended”…) Have applied to a few other places, but no interview calls yet. I do have another 8 months on this contract, so have to make full use of the time…

No comments: