Friday, April 14, 2006

Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not our's to see
Que Sera Sera
What will be, will be!

Listen to your heart. It's been sung in songs and passed forth for generations and I believe that it's true.

Sometimes things just override your assumed arguments and make you realise some surprises are really for the best. You just need to go with the flow. When something is right, you'll feel it. When something's not quite right, you'll feel it too. Anything else is denial. And if you still refuse to listen, God will somehow make sure things happen according to HIS will anyway... You want scientific facts? I'd say your subconscious has picked up subtle signals that your conscious mind is trying to override in order to enforce a hidden agenda. So there!

I said I didn't want another cat after Jack was put down. But Pseudo barged his way in and stayed. Of course I couldn't turn such a darling away. That cat has got character - jealousy, protectiveness, affection... Unconditional love. He played his cards right, that one...


Recently, I took in 4 kampung cats. They were in bad shape and all except one disappeared within a week. The remaining one was a pain in the butt; there were times I really regretted taking it home in the first place. It had this baleful stare that frankly said, "I hate you", not to mention several disgusting habits which threw my house into turmoil.

3 weeks later, Leo turned up at the office, meowing for food. I took him home to feed and took him back after lunch. He waited outside until I finished work. Worried he wouldn't be fed during the weekend, I took him home. He disappeared for one day, and then came back to stay. Til today he's always been a darling. Knowing my bad record with gingers, I tried giving Leo away. Someone came forward, but had to call it off at the last minute. Guess he was meant for me, so I kept him.

In comparison, I was really tempted to get rid of the other kitten, I couldn't even bring myself to hold it, it was so filthy. But something told me to take better care of her instead of rejecting her outright. So I bathed her and applied treatment for her skin. Now she's looking much better and has improved on her habits. I figured she deserved a nice name and settled on Chiquita - girl friend after a few experiments. She and Leo has become almost like twins - one with stripes and the other without.

Now I feel that the cats' arrival were a blessing; and that cats should never be turned away without just cause. Only God knows what further treasures they will bring into your future, if you are patient and learn the lesson they had brought for your instruction. And the reward is worth much more than mere money...

No comments: