Saturday, September 03, 2005

Thank you, sayangs!

Having unabashedly announced my upcoming birthday and shamelessly asking to be treated, I was quite overwhelmed by the attention I got from my lovely, lovely friends the past 2 days. I received well wishes literally the whole day long, thanks to P who had actually waited to send the last message for the day... cheeky boy! And there is more coming next week from my darling tai-kor who had profusely apologised for missing my b'day due to the loss of his hp. Obviously he relies on his phone calendar as much as I rely on my Outlook. :-D

Celebrated on the day itself with my colleagues in the office, then went out for dinner with Lorett, Chris & Fiza. Nain was away in Oz, but we had a lovely time anyway. Last night the Tekadmons and IEP gang met up in One-U and held up Nando's until late. Afterwards we went on to watch Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, which was fun.

Guess I was just curious how they would portray Roald Dahl's book on screen. I found it to be more colourful than what I imagined from the book, but seen from a kid's perspective it was really nicely done with lots of good values thrown in. Johnny Depp made a very eccentric Willy Wonka and the Oompa-Loompas were cute. And the 4 brats were examples of how NOT to spoil your child!! My favourite part would be Charlie's family in the ramshackle old house, having hardly enough to eat, but held together with love so strong not even the prospect of Wonka's riches could tear Charlie away. It was a good movie.

I went home laden with prezzies, feeling 12 instead of 32! Thanks so very, very much to Aizan, Anang, Sherrie, Naz, Zaki, Chaain't, Aziana, Bet, Azam, Eyeda, Jai, Azura & the star organiser, Inas for making my b'day so special this year. Loly, Anaz & Yuz, wish you guys could have been there too...

I have no idea how to repay everyone for the lovely wishes, treats and prezzies I got. ~sniff~ must have been the best b'day I ever had in my life... Hopefully by next year, my Other Half would have been found, and the day would be even more meaningful... Thanks again, sayangs, for the lovely celebration. Mwwaaah... luv u all :-)

2 comments:

Taichee~@! said...

Dear,

Wish I can steal some time with my private jet to meet u up...tapi jet takdelah...i lent it to somebody. Anyway~@! Happpp-pyyy burfdayyyy!!

Paus Biru said...

Thanks, Taichee! See ya round, kay? :-)