Monday, September 19, 2005

Indon Concert: Not That Nice but...

Who said blogs must always be nice? I need to vent my laser tongue once in a while.

Spent Friday night up at Teratak with the boys, Aizan, Naz & Jai. As usual, layan the boys, masak, makan, tido... Came down Saturday afternoon. Read a book. Next day speed read paper. Go buy groceries. Finish book. Go to Aizan's to main masak2. Go to concert. Supper.

The charity concert was a waste of time la for me. Dah la I tak kenal pun the artistes, except for Hazami. The sound system was bad, and whole show was meant for the Indonesian fans. Ergh... I think I enjoyed last week's UMSO concert better la.

Hazami's performance sucked big time. He's got a good voice and nice songs, but he sang the pointless ones. Hmm... The sound was at its worst when he sang, and stage presence was zero! Hey, bro, you got good stuff, but kena polish la...

Then was Nina, a very pretty Indonesian lass in a pretty outfit. Boys liked her... But she did have a good voice. And she knew how to work the crowd.

Next was Marcel, sans rambut gondrong. First, he was cute in a white long sleeved tee. Next, tee came off, leaving a sleeveless black top. Mm hmmm.... Girls' turn to cuci mata... ahaha... Good showmanship, donno what he was mumbling, but all the girls were going ga ga la.

Dayang Nurfaizah - powerful voice, but someone made her wear a dowdy green gown. So not nice. Good vocals though. She tried, but crowd was just not interested...

Last came Glenn. OK. I heard his songs before. Barely. Great showmanship, good voice. But he liked to drag the songs la... Penat nak dengar.

In the end I went outside. I needed the space, too crowded inside. Guess I'm just old fashioned. I like poetic songs. I love Zubir Ali, Koptratasa, JayJay, M Nasir, Ramli Sarip and the like... Blame my grandparents, they raised me.

Wonder how much of the ticket money actually went to rebuilding Aceh... Oh well... win some, lose some...

It was fun spending time with Aizan & co. We had foot long sausage at Projet. There were some interesting incidences at Teratak. I fell in love with that Wall's Lidah Jeli, or whatever it's actually called. Jai was grossed out, you're on yr own, man... ha ha ha. Lepaking at Aizan's was nice. Then supper at Anggerik was interesting...

Just the concert aje la tak best, kan? Never mind, Marcel's biceps and Glenn's "Januari" redeemed the show somewhat... akakakaka... sabar ajelah...

No comments: