Sunday, January 01, 2012

Addicted much?

In a strange turn of events, I actually watched an awards show spoken in a tongue I do not speak. All I understand are 'Sarang he" and "Gamsahabnida", homonim, abudje and Ojakgyo. But it was enough because my sister & I combined recognised a number of the stars, and the names of the dramas. The rest, such as the actual categories, we simply made up.

Example: Oh, this must be the best evil warlord category. Or the makcik2 category. Or bitchiest woman.

Despite the noise from my apartment courtyard where some event or other was taking place, I understood enough to enjoy the event. Joo Won cried a little when he made his acceptance speech. I have no idea why... I was chuffed to see Ojakgyo Brothers win quite a number of awards. I'm not sure what they were for, but as long as they win, I'm happy.

The Ojakgyo wins were:
Joo Won for one of the best dudes/ cutest guy? Hell, what do I know. There were 3 winners. Wish someone could explain it to me.

Uwee for (I assume) best female actress (there were 2 winners)

Mama Hwang for (we assume) best leading actress, senior category. Man, she's so pretty despite her age!

Guy who plays Hwang Tae Sik - donno why - guy who cries the most or more realistically?

Ryu Soo Young and Choi Jung Yoon - cutest couple? I love these guys...


Boy who plays Gun Suk - best child actor (male)


One lady won lots of bouquets - she could be the producer, director or scriptwriter. I have no clue. 


Strange. I won't even watch the Malaysian awards show, but I sit down for this? Pakai ilmu apa org Korea ni ek??

No comments: