Friday, October 22, 2010

Save Fuel PSA

I've always wanted to write this up...

Remember the PSA where the girl comes out late and the BF had to wait in the car? Goes something like this-

G: Sorry I'm late.
B: It's OK, I only had to wait 10 minutes.
G: (silly giggle) (breathless voice) OK. Where are we going? I'm staarving...
B: (In disgruntled, bored, I'm so going to break up with you voice) To the petrol station. I've run out of gas.

My reaction has always been: - DUDE! Get a bloody new car!

If a mere 10 minutes wait made you run out of gas, it only means
a) you were almost empty to begin with (just before a date? seriously) or
b) your car's a freaking gas guzzler and deserves to be thrown to the wolves. Oh wait. No, don't. It might kill the wolves.

It kind of illustrates the need to switch off your engine instead of idling, but seriously, ten minutes and you're low? Get a new car!! Even my jalopy doesn't consume as much.

There. It's off my chest now. :D

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

I agree! I agree!
My recommendations:
(i) Get rid of the girl. A woman who can't decide what to wear is not good for anything.
(ii) Get rid of the car. A gas-guzzler is the last thing you need.

There! It's off my chest now.

Enche Bon said...

Actually the car is near empty, with 8 mins of petrol left. Historically, the Girl would take 2 mins to get down after the BF called, and another 3mins drive to the nearby petrol station BUT because she took an extra 8mins to get to the car, BF uses up all the available fuel.

Why doesn't he switch off the car? he jumpstarted the car earlier 15mins ago, which needs him to run his engine for another 5mins to ensure the batteries are charged.

Does he need a new car? Most probably..
a) a new battery and..
b) a new girlfriend..hehe