Friday, October 15, 2010

What up, doc?

Seems like a really long time since I blogged. Many things have happened, which I'm really happy about, but just doesn't feel right to publish online. But I guess I could tell people that I'm back in the conservation line, covering for Loretta's departure from MYCAT. Hers are big shoes to fill, so I hope I don't disappoint the lovely people on my team. Being back in Taman SEA feels like coming home again, bumping into old friends every other day. I feel so alive! Can't believe it's been 6 years since I left WWF.

Then last weekend I joined a bunch of MNS guys to Taman Negara Pahang, just to go mucking about in the forest. It was so good to reconnect to mother earth (despite what Hymeir said :-P). Even birding was forgotten as I redirected my attention to identifying the footprints we encountered. And the decision to go river trekking back to the camp was a really good call. It so reminded me of my uni days, except that now I had a pair of reasonably good boots to protect my feet. Didn't think they would last, but my Bata Outdoor boots held up surprisingly well. Afterwards had to light a wood fire since I didn't have time to buy gas for my burner. Not so easy since everything was damp and the smoky fire blackened up my mess tins pretty darn quick! Messy mess tins. Hrmph. Lucky I didn't have to drive home as I had a full day of cleaning up to do afterwards.

There was also the MNS 70th Anniversary Royal Dinner I attended the following night. More old friends, some of whom I haven't seen for years. Was nice to see my Tai Kor and fellow ex-Selangor Committee members.

Back at work, it was a relatively peaceful week, with just enough work to keep me moving without being overwhelmingly busy. And now, at the end of the day, am looking forward to partying with my darling sistas and attending Jai & Asma's wedding.

Life is good. Alhamdulillah :-)

No comments: