Monday, July 19, 2010

Misadventures of a Gymster Wannabe

Well, not exactly a wannabe, the gym is just somewhere convenient to burn some blubber. Some days I go there just to drink coffee and take a hot shower! Imagine if I did that when I wasn't feeling too good. I might not have lost my RM149 refund because I was short by 2 visits... :-(

Anyway, since I've never been any good in sports, I'm learning stuff the hard way now. One of them is don't eat or drink too much just before a workout. And unfortunately, it's too easy to cross the line into 'too much' without even realising it. I was feeling good on Sunday when I went to the gym. Had had noodles that morning - with quite a lot of soup. Signed up for RPM and drank some more before it started. Disaster struck when the session started....

That day's trainer is a little more hardcore than the one before, and too soon I realised that I couldn't keep up because I had drunk too much, leaving too little room for breathing! Ugh... that was uncomfortable... By the end of the class I breathed better, but still did not do as well as I should have. You know I'm suffering when I keep looking at the clock, wondering when the class would be over. Heh!

The other thing on my mind is the condo we're trying to buy. Abang is being uncharacteristically sticky about the price and agreement... Sigh. I'm SO looking forward to moving there... Tapi itulah, deposit pun tak setel lagi. My friend's lawyer tak angkat fon. Tak angkat sudah, I pakai lawyer lain... Hoping things will work out soon. Including getting a proper job. Insya-Allah...

No comments: