Tuesday, June 01, 2010

"Gentle Reminders"

God is most forgiving of our sins, but every once in a while, we do get reminders that we're getting out of line... Remember I was planning to go back to the gym on Thursday night? Well, in my haste to get there, I decided to pray Asar 'later'.

When I got to my car, the alarm was bleeping weakly, indicating that it had been activated some time ago. It wouldn't disarm, and only stopped when I OPENED one of the doors. Great. Needless to say, it wouldn't start either. I had to do something I hated - get my brother to bail me out. He had to detour on his way back from work and find my new office in an unfamiliar new territory. While waiting, I realised there was a car shop just at the other end of the block, so I asked one of the guys to come take a look.

The diagnosis: my battery was already dying, which was why it triggered the alarm. Apparently, car batteries do that - presumably to call attention upon itself. Had no choice but to replace the battery.

So reminder to self - whatever you do, prayer gets priority. Kapish?

No comments: