Sunday, May 09, 2010

What's up in May 2010?

Dah lama I tak blog kan? Just after I quit my writing job, I was too depressed/ill to do anything. Eventually I fixed the meds problem and started volunteer work and later real paying projects. Am still working on one volunteer project, which is by now overdue, but couldn't be helped. Must finish it this week.

Have been addicted to Chuck, as mentioned in the earlier post. Somehow it spoils me for anything else, even Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. Too much drama, too little funny. And too much sleeping w each other. Yuck. Almost like incest! Weird. CSI is of course still on my list of favourites. I adore the cast as well as I love figuring out their cases. Am still a geek at heart. But CSI is not as re-watchable as Chuck. Nothing is as re-watchable as Chuck! Love everyone on it, even Jeffster grows on you. Go figure :P

My new passion is a surprising one. Well, maybe not quite passion. Shall we call it an acceptance? I've actually signed up for a gym! Seriously. Me, the gym hating, outdoor loving, can never afford it, nature freak; actually making a commitment to earn more money so that I can pay a lot of money to go torture my poor muscles.

Let's face it. It's hard to go jogging/walking in my current neighbourhood. Open drains everywhere. Not safe. There is no swimming pool. Trekking - no kakis. Rowing - no pardner (to steady the boat while entering/alighting). Plus Putrajaya is too damn far to go regularly. 

The gym, on the other hand, is close by. Now that my bike is fixed, I can ride there, provided it's not raining. (It's easier to park a bike than a car in Uptown.) Already halfway to old house, so I can stop by to check mail.Guess the main seller is personality. FF is comfy, with real shower stalls, real friendly staff (not nose turning perasan stuckups in CF), and classes which are actually FUN. Instructors that actually look out for newbies, and money back offer for regular attendance after PT sessions? Couldn't pass that up! The marketer didn't try to hard sell me. There's a basic drinks bar, with a cozy lepak area to cool down over coffee and the paper. Smart people. I especially like the use of warm wooden panels instead of stark steel all over.

Unsurprisingly, my baseline tests  revealed an obese level of body fat, and that I was dehydrated. Really?? Wow. Really have to buy a new water filter for kitchen sink. Water tastes quite yucky. Yeah, yeah, I'm picky that way.

My muscles are still slightly sore, but am glad I let myself be talked into doing Bodypump last Saturday since I missed the BCombat class. It was doable, thanks to the kind instructor who strongly advocated that I stay with the minimum 2 kg load. I think if I had taken on more I'd pengsan by now. Can alternate that with Bodycombat, my favourite class. I'm not bloodthirsty, mind, I just find it more doable than complicated dance moves in Step or BodyJam. Am a hopelessly uncoordinated klutz. Nuff said. 

And would it be a surprise if it all came back to Chuck? I mean, who wouldn't want to be as hot as Sarah Walker /Yvonne Strahovsky? Or score someone as cute as Chuck/ Zac Levi? Even Casey/ Adam Baldwin is fit. Obviously I'd never be as hot as any of these guys, but hey, it would be nice to be lean and fit instead of a big sack of lard as per current situation. It might also keep my DM problem in check. It would be great if I could stop relying on meds...

Am about to start something new in a couple of weeks, hope it won't interfere with personal care time. Have no wish to go back to stupid overworked life ever again. Here's to a better tomorrow :)

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Here's to a better tomorrow to you too, my friend. I am sorry to hear you have been unwell. That sucks!!! Hope the paying project's people pay on time. That's the trouble with freelancing. Everyday tunggu cheque. Deadline = we meet! But tunggu cheque = tangguh all the time!

Paus Biru said...

Thanks, dear. Yea, waiting for a couple of payments to come in as we speak. Hopefully will have a more stable income once I start working with YAWA. Don't think it's my final destination, but it's a step forward. Just came back from the gym and I feel so happy. Endorphin rush :D