Monday, February 15, 2010

Just an Update

What have I been up to?

Am hungry now. Barely had dinner, unless you count oatmeal cookies and gulai ayam dipped with bread. Just finished watching Julie & Julia, something I downloaded quite some time ago. It was fun watching how the stories unfolded. Then of course I had to look up the blog and read more about the story. But now it's late and I need to decide if eating a cookie at 1.30 a.m. is going to make me fat tomorrow. Also have other food in the kitchen, but have no appetite for real food at this hour. Maybe I should just drink a glass of (low-fat) milk. And how did I end up with a stash of oatmeal cookies?

Was planning to make choc chip cookies today - to clear off old baking supplies stock. But changed my mind and decided to try something new. Haven't explored anything in a while... Looked through my stash of cookbooks and decided on Cinnamon Raisin and Chcolate oatmeal cookies instead. Unfortunately the cinnamon raisin bombed tastewise. Spice combination went awry i'm afraid... As I closed pages, saw 2 projects not qite done. Sigh, hope to get back on track soon. Have spent days just trying to rejuvenate my dead brain (and hopefully spleen) cells and cleaning house.

I'm starting to feel more human again now. Maybe I should take off and do some birding tomorrow...

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Birding sounds good, mate. I love it that you bake. I can imagine your house smelling wonderful on baking days. I don't bake anymore. Takut I will sapu everything myself, since Mum and Dad takut blood sugar level tinggi and brothers tak suka makan manisan.