Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Collector

Isn't it frustrating when things are not where you expect them to be? I'm not much of a collector, but lately have been collecting a few TV series. My listed hobby is birding, but am actually a closet Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and CSI junkie. Seriously, sometimes I wish I could actually be a CSI. That would be SO cool! Especially if the guys are half as cute as the new guy n CSI Miami.. Ha. I wish. So far, the only payback i got was winning 500 bucks at a CSI themed party last year. Why couldn't I indulge in something that could make me rich for a change??

Couple of days ago tried to do a GA marathon and realised that the earlier episodes were all jumbled up in dozens of CDs crammed into undersized voucher files masquerading as CD holders. Yes, I agree that I'm a cheapskate. Therefore I had this genius idea of burning them all into proper DVDs. Nicely labelled ones, with matching titles, not a mishmash of names given by the uploaders and left any which way. Unfortunately, it turned out that doing this demanded that i copy everything back into the computer, a time-consuming exercise, and in doing so, discovered double files, missing ones and those that didn't make much sense. Managed to sort GA out after checking some online episode lists, and come to terms with my missing episodes. Am burning the collection now.

That leaves me with CSI and Private Practice to deal with. Have realised that I deleted the whole bunch of PP season 1 because frankly, it was full of crap. But now that it has somewhat improved I want a complete collection! (I still think it's nonsensical, I just watch it to see Addison and a few cute guys. How sad is that? :P) Anyway, also found that a whole bunch is missing from Season 2. I could have stopped downloading for a few months (which was possible, due to my overworked life), or, I could have already burned them into DVDs and lost them - which is also a strong possibility since I swear I had burned CSI season 7 and 8 on DVDs and they're missing as well.

So now will have to check for missing CSI episodes and try to download them from the net... The rest I'll just jumble up into a mixed DVD. No harm done, it's all just for my own private viewing anyway...

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

You and my housemates would get along just fine! They have the same collections -- CSI, House, Gret's Anatomy, etc. Right now our current obsession is NCIS.