Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time, Time, Time

We do take things like wristwatches for granted until they cease to function. We were at a marathon catch up session on Saturday, when someone exclaimed that it was almost 3 a.m. I glanced at my watch and saw that it was still only 12.30. However, a quick check on the handphone confirmed that it was already very late. My trusty Casio had apparently run out of juice...

Didn't get a chance to change the battery until yesterday afternoon. Running from one event to another, I kept pulling up my sleeve only to find my wrist, no timekeeping device strapped onto it, as was normal. I parked at the Weld, hoping that there will be a watch shop there. I was annoyed to find that there was none. Luckily, my sources pointed me to Wisma HLA, next door to where my event was, and the battery was quickly replaced. What a relief.

Being a clock watcher, I seriously don't understand people who insist that they don't need a watch. I know handphones and various other devices around us offer to tell the time, but how reliable are they, compared to a simple, personal device that can tell us the time at a glance, instead of fiddling with handphones or looking around for a public clock? But then, I know watchless people who are way better at keeping time.. so i guess it boils down to the person also. Oh well, at least my watch works again. Maybe I should take the trouble to fix my other watches, at least I'd have a backup at the ready.

No comments: