Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Scrabbled

I think the last time I played the Scrabble equivalent, Saidina, was 20 years ago in Melaka. Or maybe in high school sometime. In short, a long time ago.

Being a word junkie, or as my Bookworm title is, Wordmaniac, or something like that, I couldn't resist checking out Scrabulous one day. As you all may have cottoned on, I'm hooked on Facebook these days. Friendster apa kelas... ngehehe.. Sampai blog pun tak update dah. Saba ajelah.

In any case, found it quite fun. Took the trouble to learn the meaning of the coloured boxes and read up a few tips. I became quite proficient. Up to the point of people asking if I was using any anagram solvers or word finders. Huh? Got ah? Where do I get those?

After a while, I managed to redeem myself from the addiction and started to lose my mood for playing. I'm playing again now, but at short intervals.

At some point Scrab got stuck and I checked out the Scrab website itself (It's different from the FB app). There I found timed games, which are VERY taxing. I thought "5 minutes beginning time" means 5 minutes per move. Quickly learnt that it was for the whole game. Yikes! No wonder default is 10 minutes. Quite a change from FB players who often take ages to make one move...

But somehow, despite losers who cheat and resign games for no sound reason, I found a number of good players who are cheerful and friendly. 2 of them are on my friend list, and a few gamely 'layan' my requests for rematch. Sometimes I simply look for trouble and challenge the pros to learn a few 'lessons'. Anyway, my excuse is that it's good for my writing. Ha ha.

Still have things to deals with on my FB profile which is a mess, but I guess that can wait. Cheers, guys! Have a good week ahead :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya,

Err, i thought that Saidina was the equivalent to Monopoly? Have a fun week :)

Cheers,

Paus Biru said...

You're right, actually. See, it WAS a very long time ago!

The Scrabble equivalent is probably Sahibba or something like that.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you're right on the dot there. The equivalent to Scrabble IS Sahibba... twas that long ago, eh?

Cheers, have a good Deepavali and weekend,