Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ikan Paus Goreng Tepung...

On Sunday morning, I was pretty sure I'd skip the Tekad berbuka session since I seriously could not imagine myself cooking up ANYTHING to bring to the party. Fickle one I am, it all changed the minute Aizan messaged, saying her mom was requesting me for kitchen duty. I decided to just grab a few things from Giant on my way there. Junk food was all I was up to that day...

Got there just as Lan, Aizan & Faiez were leaving to go to buy the ayam percik. I went in and found that kitchen duty was already done; so just lepaked and later helped to dish out stuff. Soon, Jai & Asma arrived, followed by Ziad, Zuel and Bet. It was a pretty small gathering, since most people had other obligations. Orang yang beriya2 nak datang pun, ended up in Bangkok that day. Sabar ajelah. Naz, Chaain't, Kimi, Asiah & Baby Ehsan were the only other ones there.

But it doesn't need to be a big gathering to be meriah when it comes to the Tekadmons. There were 3 chocolate cakes, Aunty's excellent nasi kerabu, lots of murtabak, ayam percik, fruits, kuihs, cendol among other things. As usual, the prayer center was at the annex, and we did our obligations in between eating sessions. Very unlike some sessions where obligations were forgotten in the excitement of stuffing ourselves. Unlike our usual sessions, makan time was very quiet as everyone concentrated on the smorgasbord. Except for the amount of ribbing Ziad got over his 'murtabak discount' :D

Half the gang left after maghrib, but the ones left managed to catch up with news and stuff. Chaain't told us about one champ in Perak who needed help. Maybe we'll go over sometime soon. If they are, I'm in...

Then there was the 'Jejak Kasih' session where Chaain't discovered he was related via his wife to Asiah, Kimi's wife. Chee. Perlis is soo kecik... Hmm.. no Johoreans in the fray that night. He he.

We left pretty early that night, but i guess there'll be other sessions soon. Don't worry, Taichee, we'll catch up over Raya. KLites 1st day, kay? :-)

1 comment:

Taichee~@! said...

wahhahaha

the title was so misleading I thought you actually cooked for the iftar!!

especially when the words "goreng tepong" were written! Cos I'm a pig at gorengan tepung - be it sotong, udang, pisang, u name it!

hehehe..tulah..will meet up one day..tot of berbuka kat Ikea wif that RM18 buffet..but err..tatau weder everyone's free...