Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Retail Therapy with a Twist

Why does this insatiable craving for retail therapy always come when you're broke? For whatever reason, today I found myself thinking about, of all things, Estee Lauder lippie...

Okay, it didn't start today. I started having this weird feeling when the level of my three favourite colours started looking a bit low. It's crazy. I've got tubes of lip colour I barely ever use. I've been using the kit for almost a year, and you know lippie is like toothpaste - there's always a little bit more... So I really had no business going to a mall and checking out the merchandise. Yet I just couldn't stop thinking of expensive makeup... When you start on the good stuff, Maybelline just won't do it anymore... Figured I should at least find out how much a tube of the paint costs so I'll know if I can afford to even think about buying it.

Rolled up to One Utama and illegally parked near the taxi stand, something I normally would not do. Fear of kena saman would ensure I don't linger too long and risk whisking out the electronic equivalent of the good ol' "buku tiga lima" to purchase stuff.

Went all around the cosmetics department checking out le tres cher makeups, perfumes and skincare... In short, things I can't afford to buy :p Maybe it's a good thing I'm broke. I knew I wasn't going to buy anything anyway, so there were no limits. Just try everything!! If I had actually planned to buy something, I'd have been less adventurous. And I found some things I actually liked!

Maybe I'll come again and buy something sometime. But for today, the cravings have been appeased, without succumbing to temptation. Went back feeling good. The wonders of retail therapy...

1 comment:

South Eastern Family Community (SEFC) said...

Hi Oza!

Selamat hari raya & maaf zahir batin...