Thursday, November 16, 2006

Little Courtesies That Count

Sometimes I still miss my Tai Kor. There’s a way about him that makes you feel cared for, somehow. He’s frank, decisive and he doesn’t play mind games with you.

On being frank:
“Sorry, girl. You’re just not my cup of tea.”
Thanks for not leading me on, bro… : (

On being decisive:
R: Let’s meet up.
A: Sure. When?
R: This week busy la. Next Monday?
A: OK
R: Great. BSC, 6 pm.
A: Kewl : )

It’s not so nice when someone suggests that we meet up but doesn’t make firm plans. A vague “sometime next week” is neither here nor there. I’d be looking forward to something that might not happen at all. That sucks…

Monday: You get there at the time and place
A: Where to meet?
R: What do you want to eat?
A: Your call…
R: Chili’s. NOW.

I like Chili’s. Otherwise I would have asked to change the venue. I don’t like to choose. If he doesn’t like the place nanti I won’t enjoy the outing either. Tak best la.

If he sends you back, he waits until you enter the house before driving off.
If I was going back on my own, he’d accompany me to the car, especially if I’m parked in the basement or a dark area. Later he’d text and ask if I’m safely home. I really like that.

You invite him for something and he actually responds.
Yes: “Will be there.”
No: “Sorry dear, going to my Mom’s tonight”.
- He doesn’t keep me wondering if he’s going to show up. Being left hanging takes up so much of your precious energy!

It’s these little little things that makes life easier for me. Not that my friends are at all bad. Guess I’m just used to these little comforts, that’s all. It’s not too much to expect, is it?

No comments: