Monday, March 07, 2005

Just checking in...

Just came back from meeting the girls. Had spent the weekend in Tg Tuan for MNS Raptor Watch. It was 2 days of being tired, but it was okay. Left KL on Friday night and got there by 10.30 pm. Went to sleep, next day started early, setting up. I was with the Natureguides, taking people on guided walks on the trail up the hill. Each trip takes about an hour, through a trail that is pretty interesting, involving clambers up and down pretty steep slopes. Even more interesting in my slippers, since I only remembered my shoes halfway down a very congested Federal Highway...
Took only one group out on Saturday with my trusty 'sweeper' Khalis. Later just took naps and hung out. At night joined the dinner, but it was so measly the 3 of us; Ja, Li Li and me went foraging for more food. Had funny mee bandung and atrocious mee sup at some stall along the PD road. The otak2 was good, tho'. Next day (Sunday) we had a somewhat larger crowd, went out twice. The birds flew in well after 4.00 pm on both days. On Sunday, they appeared just as we were packed and ready to leave!!! Talk about last minute performances... I was pretty exhausted by the time we left and headed back to KL. Arrived, sorted things out, had dinner, called Inas, and went out again!!! Am amazed I can still type...

But just wanted to check my personal mail and blogs. Other stuff can wait. Night guys, I'm totally spent! :-p Oza

No comments: