Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Second Wave

After more than 4 years in this apartment, I'm starting to get new ideas for redecorating. Ironically, the ideas came in the OFFICE, where I should have been WORKING after my long break. I did not have many work ideas at home. Some, but not many, 

Thus far, I have procured a folding table for the work space and rearranged the hall slightly to make it more compact. Strangely, grouping the work table close to the sofa makes the space cozier and more conducive to working. A bulb died on the chandelier, though; and it's too dim anyway. I'll replace the bulbs with  brighter ones soon, insya Allah.

I was actually very concerned that I didn't have a space where I could work productively at home. With the office internet being so slow and jamming every time I visit a not-so-work-related site; it would be nice if I can catch up at home. It would be good for productivity because I'm often so tense and distracted in the office that nothing gets done. On the other hand, there are people to moan to, and get ideas from there.

The folding table is holding it's own. It's a bit shaky, but that's not a big deal as I only have a laptop and maybe a few books/papers to put on it. Plus a drink or two. The most important thing is that it can easily be stowed away when not in use. I want SPACE in the small working/ reading room. It can be a guest room as well, now that there is space to put the folding mattress. The fan can be easily placed on the floor, no problem.

I've had some ideas for jazzing up the bathroom. I'll need to make some measurements and scout for possible materials before anything can be done. I need cold hard cash too, something that is sorely missing right now. It can be done later, but perhaps before the year end.

Right now, it's WAYYYY past my bedtime and my eyes are feeling uncomfortable. I need to pray and fly to la-la-land ASAP. G'night folks!!


No comments: