Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Recalculating....

Since everything delayed, I finally had to make a decision yesterday. There's no way I could get the money AND do renovations in time for CNY, and it would be too messy to move everything to Jasmin, then expect the contractors to do their work. After twisting and turning so many ways, I finally told Ammar the flooring guy that I'm postponing the floor works until after the other contractors are done. Sayang, kan floor baru...

Contractors can do the grille and plumbing dulu, so I'll korek my salary and/or reserves for money to do that. Painting can go on as usual. Insyaa Allah electricity will kick in by this week. Have extended rent in Permai by a month, so we have a little more time to get sorted and pack our stuff. If I can scrounge up some extra can do the bathroom and tiling too. Tapi mirror, shelves, water heater etc x beli lagi... Bleh. kenot, kenot.

If EPF money comes in early, I should get the wiring, lighting and fans sorted out before we move in. Buy aircon and have it installed before the flooring work starts. Same time as awning. Less messy that way, hopefully. Have not decided on the lighting and fans... is it possible to move the fan from the dining hall to the living area, I wonder. We could use floor lighting for the hall... Downlights? Pretty expensive I think.. No idea how much it would cost to do wiring and fixing the lights etc.

Should start buying furniture once the floors are done and moving the light stuff pelan2 so that the movers don't die going up and down the stairs all day carrying things. Am taking 2 of Ni Yan's mattresses -one for K Ayu and the other for the spare bed.

Had some ideas about the guest bed today (hence my lack of productivity at work) :-P Figured I could use 2 Billy book cases, one 80 cm wide, the other 40 cm and connect them together to hold the super single mattress (approx. 110 cm wide). The extra space can hold pillows and blankets. Can use one of the side boards and shelves for attaching to the floor and wall. Use hinges for moving the bed up and down. Probably can use wall uprights and drawer handle combo to hold the bed in place. If it rests neatly on the base, it should not put any strain on the wall apparatus. Theoretically.  Still need to figure some things out and get the boys' input for this. May need to reinforce the bottom with timber strips or something since the backside of the book case is not very strong. If all goes well, it should stand neatly up in the study and fit in with the rest of the book cases.

Feel a little more relaxed after postponing everything, since most of the problems are beyond my control. I won't be able to control LHDN  or EPF, so the best I can do is to go with the flow and postpone la. What to do? There's still about a million things I'll need to do myself, like paint doors and buy/ assemble furniture and move things, so might as well take it easy instead of driving myself nuts worrying about things that simply cannot be done. Had a good whining session with Zainab last night and malam ni makan w Shamila, insyaa Allah. Hope that this is the last of the insanity, and things will proceed smoothly afterwards. Aameen...


No comments: