Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sayang Menyayang

Believe it or not, any mention of the once popular '80s film featuring my name, starring Ogy Ahmad Daud and Jamal Abdillah really, really make me cringe. Yes, it was a hit. Have you noticed how BAD our 80s movies were??? Come on la, 27 years have passed. Tukar lawak lain boleh tak? Yeesh...

The script itself makes me geli geleman and wish they had used another name. The kicker is when random strangers start yelling "Azura...." or start singing the "Azura" song. (Facepalm).

However... Guess it's a little different when 2 entertaining boyz start singing another, less obvious song from the movie. They were just belting it out in the car, and this was on top of a morning listening to them bickering and singing all kinds of nonsensical tunes. It was actually pretty fun...


The song is actually titled Sandarkan Pada Kenangan, but the chorus goes 'Sayang Menyayang' (cue guitar twang ~tenenene...) I kinda forgot about this song, but it is rather cute... 


Warning: DO NOT search for the YouTube of this song. The opening script in the Naspazi version makes me want to puke. Did I REALLY enjoy the story way back then?? Sigh, what did I know, I was only 11. 

Here's an excerpt from the chorus. And to my two entertainers, thanks for a fun morning...  You boys rock :D

Sayang menyayang
Cinta dikenang
Perasaan menjadi rindu


Oh...
Lihatlah diriku yang kehilangan
Tanpa kasih mu sayang
Siapalah aku


Sayang menyayang
Saling percaya
Punca kasih berpanjangan

No comments: