Friday, May 06, 2011

Family Ties...

You  know, sometimes my family can be the most obtuse people on the freaking planet. As usual I told Abang of my nice new job, totally omitting the fact that I had lost my job the month before. I never told anyone except my sister about that. She lives with me, and she never knew or asked until I told her - AFTER I got the new job. No one knew of the misery I went through in those 2 months... No one even noticed how fucking miserable I had been. Only my friends noticed that something was amiss.

Then he advised me to give money to Abah whenever I saw him. Well, first of all, I'm a little short of cash right now. Have paid up front for people and haven't got paid back because *someone* thought I'm rich now that I've got a decent new job. Excuse me! I'm trying to pay off a bunch of debt and saving a little money so that we can afford to buy a decent place next year... A car upgrade wouldn't hurt either.

Anyway, how would I know WHEN I'd see Abah? I normally pay people at the beginning of the month and carry around minimal pocket money the rest of the time. I've been banking in money to his account and he either never notices it or never bothers to say thank you. Nice, dad. Didn't your mom teach you any manners?? Such a small thing and I'm still feeling hurt. Guess the worst part is no one in the family ever cared about your feelings. Guess why I started the act of being A-OK even when I'm not...

Sigh. C'est la vie... Thank God for my friends!!

No comments: