Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Makanistan

Malaysians are well known for our obsession with food. We can eat all day, and be picky about what we actually want. When you're sick, as long as you can still eat, you'll be fine.

Therefore I am getting a little perturbed about my lack of appetite these days. Not that I shouldn't be losing weight anyway, but it feels kind of strange not to know what to eat. I've lost interest in my meal halfway through. I have brought back leftover chicken a few times already, and each time I end up gaving it away to the cats... Maybe the flu screwed my tastebuds. Some things are bland while others taste overpoweringly salty. Some herbs and spices directly put me off... I'm not in the mood for dry western fast food, nor am I interested in mixed rice or soupy noodles... I'm not even in the mood for chicken rice! Hrmm...

I do still eat, of course, but not with the same zeal as I used to enjoy food. Maybe it's the upcoming blood works I need to do, or the reminder that certain organs are not working as well as they used to anymore. Or perhaps I'm just jaded with eating the same outside food over and over again. Some home cooking might be in order. Shall I stop by somewhere for supplies tonight? But what should I buy, ya? Sigh... how la...

No comments: