Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reality Strikes Back

You know there is something wrong with your life when trips are never long enough.

Flew up to Penang on Monday for a factory visit yesterday. Found the work to be boring, but it wasn't too bad. Was in the company of 2 distinguished gentlemen. One was older one and the other is a tall, dark and handsome guy with all the prerequisite 5Cs. Stayed in a nice hotel with comfy rooms, hot water showers to die for, a great breakfast spread and close to kopitiams which made dinners a pleasure.

After all that travelling, work and stuff is done, I get home, take a nap, and before long, reality sets in.

The house is grubby, I saw an 'intruder' escaping the kitchen, the cats are all clingy and the neighbour's cats came over to start a yowling match.... And for whatever reason, my sinuses are extra sensitive and my own room irritates them.

I'm seeing a client tomorrow and am still not prepared. It means I'll have to work the night to get it done.

In an ideal world, I would have an immaculate house with someone to keep it clean; and the ability to work very fast instead of being all draggy and tired... Sigh. I need a rich husband.

No comments: