Thursday, June 28, 2007

At the Mercy of A Machine

Don't you just hate it when something you rely on goes all wonky and unreliable? The lappie fell off its rocker recently and now I'm at its mercy. There are 2 articles to be drafted by tomorrow, plus a mailing list to be completed, meaning that I'll have to do a lot of online research. It cooperated yesterday, and I was able to print out my mailing labels. But it's now back to its wonky state and refuses to recognise USB devices; meaning that printers and flash drives are not an option at the moment. New flash drive does not work well with machine, due to a 'superiority complex'. Maybe it's the source of all this evil... Old pen drive is now missing. With my luck, it's probably stuck in one of the hotels' "Lost & Found" drawer as we speak.

There might be some malware lurking in there, for all I know. I don't have the time to reinstall everything, and the best option is probably to just take the thing in for servicing - tighten those loose screws, you know... But again, time is an issue, and if I don't stop whining right now, nothing is going to get done... Sigh. This is a classic case of superior technology vs bad luck...

What to do? Shut up and get back to work, la. What else? Sigh. Oh shut up...

1 comment:

Red Raven said...

so...habis tak?