Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dreaming on...

It's just over a month after my long holiday with G and I'm already plotting a return to Busan. Main target - the BIRDS! I was so looking forward to seeing cranes and such, it was so disappointing not to find any. I figured I could go for a few days on the cheap if I got low fares, stayed in a dorm and minimised eating out.

Just looked at AA Go and maybe I should wait for a real offer to come along. I have barely paid off the credit card charges from the last trip, so.... Suddenly feel like I need to "audit" the expenses list I prepared for G. Maybe there's a miscalculation somewhere. I couldn't have spent so much on food, right?? LOL. To be fair, he did pay quite a lot for meals and the rooms in Sokcho, so it probably balances up. I'm just being silly. Hmm... is that "free seats" thing still on? haha..

Anyway, the Kedah gang has another trip lined up for Xi'an and Roto is not responding. I seriously don't mind doing the trip solo, but as I pointed out to Lin, I really should upgrade my camera lens to a 400mm before going on another expensive birding trip. The birds in Nakdong are pretty far off, not like in Fraser's where a 300mm lens can yield pretty decent shots.

I also need to seriously shore up my emergency funds and savings. If and when things go sideways, I'd rather not fall flat on my face because I decided to play 'grasshopper' instead of being diligent like the 'ants'...

Right. Back to work now. Go on...

No comments: