Tuesday, December 27, 2016

FRUST.TRA.TION

You know that feeling...

You have leave coming up, you're going somewhere exciting, and you want to do the responsible thing and finish work before you go gallivanting elsewhere.

Except that you can't. Or it's difficult to. Because things, like your computer, keep acting up.

I have, like 25 news items that I would like to scan and some will need to be copied to the server. Imagine my distress when my Firefox pages take forever to load, and text refuses to be copied. It's really; REALLY aggravating. To the point that I feel like smashing the damn machine with a baseball bat. Or a fireman's axe.

Yes, I know that it's not the machine's fault. Which is why it is still hale and healthy now. It could be the antivirus, it could be malware, it could even be the office people spying if I'm doing any work. Some pages have embedded stuff that riles up the AV. Bottomline - it's damn irritating.

And its hard to get work done when you're constantly battling with your emotions.

Ok. End rant. Will try to carry on and work on an offline document when the stupid Firefox jams. Ciao.

No comments: