Monday, July 13, 2009

Masked Marauder

Came back from the office late last night. I just happened to look up at my porch roof and saw a common palm civet reaching out towards the papaya tree. Ah hah! Just as I suspected. The culprit to missing ripe papayas is literally the "musang kepala hitam" (dark headed civet). (The phrase actually refers to a human thief). I have no proof, but actually, I don't really mind. I don't really want to eat papayas that often, so he's welcome to have a share.

The animal slipped away while I was rummaging for the camera. By the time I got hold of it, the civet was already high up on the roof. Snapped a few shots, but it was too dark to see details. The next thing I knew, it was coolly walking along the telephone lines across the road, just as if it was a tight-rope. So cute!

Well, Civvy, if you wish for any more papayas, you're welcome to them. So nice to see wildlife thriving in the concrete jungle :-)

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Hurray for the Dark Headed Civet! How kewl and awesome! Wow! There was a Common Palm Civet in Zawalan's house last night. It was very bold and not shy at all.