Monday, September 10, 2007

Scare tactics

I have been overweight for the longest time, even though I'm pretty active and love to do outdoor activities. My stamina is pathetic, however, for real sports, so I always opt for non-competitive swimming and hiking.

Watching TV yesterday, I tuned into Home & Health, which is fast becoming one of my favourite channels, and saw "Downsize Me!". It featured an obese homemaker who is so lazy she surfs the net and eats junk food all day long! Once she signed up, though, she was forced to get rid of all the junk, eat healthier foods and exercise a specific number of hours a day. Wow, her trainer is tough.. She hated the food, craved her tons of sugar, but managed after 2 months to drop 11 kg and looked great. Eventually she realised that it was a necessary step, and decided to continue with the lifestyle change. It scared me enough to make me get on the exercise thingy and check on my weight :-p

Puasa is coming, and i guess I should be able to lose a few kg. Just realised that I needed to lose only 4 kg to reach the max of my normal weight range. I wonder what I would look like without the extra 'babat' on me... :-) I WAS slim at some point of my life, you know.. It was a long time ago, but well, it would be nice to be 'normal' again, I think. I'm lucky I inherited Yaie's height, so the extra weight is not too obvious, but I really want to look nice again. All my Singaporean cousins are tall and slim. Jeles la pulak..

Since I have been able to keep my weight relatively unchanged over the past year or so, I guess with a bit of push, I'd be able to lose the remaining extra weight, hopefully. The main catch would be getting enough exercise and cutting out unnecessary fats from my diet. Hrm.. won't get too excited, will just try my best to make the necessary changes and see how it goes. :-)

No comments: