Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Day That Was

Have been too tired lately to update my blog. Really.

Sunday, 29th April
Got suckered by Aizan to join the Malay Mail Big Walk. Joined primarily due to desperate need for exercise. Had to wake up at 4.00 a.m. to make my way to Aizan's by 5.30 a.m. Went on the 10 km walk with no training and badly atrophied muscles due to changes in life. Finished the walk and started to feel pain all over, especially in my poor old feet. It was interesting, though. One guy was doing Sudoku and one girl wore squeaky selipar jepun. I kid you not. Aidah called her Miss Oshin while I more crudely referred to her as "selipar jepun". I call a spade a spade.

Monday, 30th April
Went to work, hurting feet and all.

Tuesday, 1st May
Cuti, but had plans. Was really not in the mood and on the verge of cancelling out altogether. Dragged meself out of bed and took my own sweet time getting down to TKC. The moment I got there, the guards cheerfully welcomed me with smiles. How come our guards weren't so friendly, ah? Saw the big rock with school badge and "TUNKU KURSHIAH COLLEGE" written on it and almost cried. What is it about old schools that got to you? Probably the fact that it was my first step to independence at the tender age of twelve... And the fact that I spent 5 years of my life there. Good and bad, take it all in. It was my life, my memories.

Found Aizan at the canteen, bought a few souvenirs, then went to the hall to join the tour. Found out that there was a delay, and the Jazzercise was just starting. Were amazed by the "Sway" performance by the OGs and joined in to learn the steps. Ended it with Poco2, which we barely remembered how to do and proceeded to check out the resident blocks. Visited everything, even the sick bay and ended with lunch at the dining hall. Nasi kawah pun boleh rindu, ek? Went off by two, but not before raiding the co-op for more souvenirs...

Next, went to Risq's wedding in Melaka. As usual, he 'advertised' by saying a bunch of cronies will be there, yet none showed. K Zalina had come and already left by the time we arrived. Had a bit to eat and left soon after. Sent Aizan home, lepak2 kejap, then went home to sleep...

Wednesday - caught up with washing and chores. So not fun.

Thursday & Friday - work la. What else.

Saturday - supposed to catch up on work. Yucks.

2 comments:

Erra said...

you were at the tkc oga visit on 1st may ... so was i!

:o)

Paus Biru said...

I remember seeing you! By the way, I like yr blog :-)